~ Thich Nhat Hanh,
Conscious Breath Work
To breathe is the direct dial system to the Spirit of God.
We have all heard that when we are upset, to take a deep breath. I would comply and find that yes there was a moment in that deep breath that gave me a moment of pause. It would look like a space to calm myself; very brief and quick.
What I did not understand when I was younger is that deep breathing during a moment of living in a dramatic situation, was me connecting to my Source. Breath work is not this small insignificant pause in the chaos but a sustainable life force of direct connection to an inner power of all things.
Genesis 2:7, He “breathed into “his nostrils the breath of life and it was then that the man became a living being”.
This was a conscious act and is shows the extreme impact that breath has on every living soul. Without it you would not be alive, your soul would not be apart of this body and you would have no connection to the God of your understanding.
When we can just sit with this awe dropping information for just a moment, it implies that with each breath that we take means our body and soul are in sync and when we do a conscious breath we catapult the guidance system into warp speed processing!
Think about how when are stressed and in distress the first thing that most humans do is pausing their breath. The breath becomes very shallow. Some people hyperventilate. Now think about what you just learned above; the amazing and celebrated tool that God is only a breath away. The God of your understanding is not this elusive spirit that we are not deemed to have our own connection with but is our connection.
So living in your own awareness that when we are shallow breathing it is harder to feel safe, peace and love because we have cut off our supply of the infinite wisdom.
I want you to pocket that information into your consciousness. That means within the conscious moment you take a precious breath you are in the Now. Living from the Now is how we can “hear” and “see” our next steps in life because they naturally unfold. It also means that when we are in the present moment there is nothing that is a problem. When you are in a direct dial up system to the divine you are in the field of unlimited possibilities. You can view your stress as an indicator that you are no longer in connection with your soul, which is the essence of God.
All of this exciting and high vibration power with just a single conscious breath. Amazing.
So imagine if you were to become more in tune with your conscious breathing practices and patterns. You could allow yourself to own the power that you truly have every moment of every day.
Maximizing Your Connection Through Your Breath
- Slow and deep conscious breaths are ones in which you allow the breath to expand not only your lungs but your belly too. Typically if you focus on your breath reaching your belly and allowing it to pop out as you inhale and fully deflate with the exhale; it is deep enough so that the lungs are too engaged.
- A slow and deep conscious breath is one that slow enough to keep your attention but not so slow that your body feels strain. I usually have people start by counting to 5 on the inhale and 5 counts on the exhale. Then increase the amount depending upon the stress the body is feeling. The more stress the longer the counts.
- After you practice this the conscious deep breath you will create a rhythm without counting.
- You will know when you feel the connection because you can feel your body begin to ease up and feel relaxed. You will feel more in balance, a sense of calm, and a loving energy. Then I suggest you go into a normal breathing pattern. Slow and deep breaths are not required.
When and How Often?
- Morning Practice
- During Stressful Moments
- Meditation/Visualization Practices
- Present Moment Practice
- Deep Sleep Practice
- Anytime you want to feel the God of your understanding